Directeam empowers startups and tech companies across the globe to accelerate AWS cloud adoption and transformation through state-of-the-art services and technologies. We offer complimentary AWS expert consultancy and technical support in addition to Sombrero Savings, a cost optimization technology that automatically provides a significant discount on Amazon EC2 On-Demand compute costs with no commitment or engineering management overhead.
As a Staff Cloud Architect, you will hire, build, and lead a team of Cloud Architects who are enthusiastic about architecture design, programming, and customer obsession, fostering their growth to help them become the best version of themselves. Our Cloud Architects are at the core of business and technology and engage with startups and tech companies at all stages of cloud adoption. Cultivate the overall technical relationship with our customers, and work with them hands-on, side-by-side to educate, advise, and solve complex challenges to help make the most of the cloud.
What you’ll do
- Build, lead, and manage a team of professional and ambitious Cloud Architects that help our customers build complex production-grade cloud architectures.
- Provide technical leadership guidance to team members, fostering a culture of innovation, collaboration, and continuous learning.
- Collaborate with our customers’ technical and leadership teams, understanding their needs to design highly available, robust, secure, and cost-effective cloud solutions.
- Mentor and coach team members, providing continuous feedback and performance reviews to drive career development and growth.
- Work closely with the CTO, building internal/external robust processes for scale, and setting customer value and satisfaction as our guiding principle.
- Work closely with the Account Management, Sales, and Delivery group engineers.
- Assess, design, and plan migrations to AWS, both from a technical and business point of view.
- Constantly enhance the pre-sale processes while working closely with the Sales team to understand customer business needs, challenges, and goals, to create significant value.
- Develop and execute training programs that enhance skills, promote learning, and boost team productivity.
- Be a technical expert with a can-do attitude for troubleshooting large production-grade distributed cloud systems, bringing innovative solutions, and selecting the right tools to solve business problems at the right scale.
- Identify and solve complex networking, performance, and availability issues with our customers.
- Educate customers on the value proposition of AWS, and lead deep architectural discussions to ensure solutions are designed for successful deployment in the cloud.
- Research the latest industry-impactful topics and pursue widely common problems.
- Stay up-to-date with the latest cloud technologies and best practices.
- Take a leading role in creating and presenting technical content (e.g., blogs, meetups, webinars), and give prescriptive guidance on creating business value with technology.
What we’re looking for
- 5+ years of experience as a Tech Lead / Architect for large-scale production-grade products/architectures.
- 10+ years of experience with cloud technologies, 5+ years of them in AWS, focusing on selecting appropriate tools to tackle business problems.
- Proven people leadership or tech leadership skills.
- Expertise in designing, analyzing, and troubleshooting large-scale distributed systems.
- Experience with networking, e.g. TCP/IP, routing, network topologies, and VPN technologies.
- Demonstrated experience with Kubernetes or other container orchestration technologies.
- Demonstrated experience with AWS security tools suite and industry concepts, e.g. IDS/IPS, WAF, Zero Trust. etc.
- Self-learner, with the ability to take on new technologies, research, and implement new solutions.
- Strong analytical skills, an unwavering commitment to quality, a collaborative work ethic, and cutting-edge coding skills.
- Collaborative team player who can work in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience and familiarity with the Startups ecosystem.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including presentation skills – Hebrew & English.
Our office is located at HaShahar tower, near Arlozorov train station.